TheFerienhaus in Kreta can be rented all year round. While the island is very popular especially in summer, the low season is still a real insider tip for Greek vacationers. Or perhaps you are even considering staying a little longer and escaping the German winter? A good idea, because the southwest of Crete is the ideal place for a break in the winter months. When it gets dark early and grey dominates during the day, you can find a lot of light, sunshine and the typical Greek joie de vivre on Crete.
Winter on Crete
You still need some arguments for a winter on Crete? Please:
- The average daytime temperature in Crete is 17 degrees in December and 15 degrees in January/February, with up to five hours of sunshine a day.
- From November to June – and especially during the winter months – the island of Crete is a sea of flowers.
- The fireplace in the house provides in spring, autumn and winter for cosiness, ideal for long evenings with a beautiful Greek red wine, after all Crete is considered the cradle of European wine culture.
- In autumn and winter there is this very special light on Crete, the south which bathes the hills in a golden light in the evening and glistens silver on the sea early in the morning. There are few tourists in winter, the island belongs to the Cretans – and a few visitors like you, who appreciate the magical silence of Crete in winter.
- While most of the taverns take a break from November to April, there are still some restaurants in Paleochora that offer typical Greek cuisine. In autumn and winter they eat the freshly cooked dishes among the locals, at the open fireplace and in nice company.
Crete holiday home – the most important facts
- Location: mountain village Anidri, close to Paleochora in southwest Crete
- Distance from the airport Chania: 75 km
- Size of the holiday home: 70 square meters spread over 3 levels
- garden for shared use and large private terrace
- Bathroom with daylight, fully equipped kitchen
- Suitable for: 1-3 persons (couples plus a not quite young child, since stairs), a fourth extra bed (simple guest bed) is possible on request.
- Rentable all year round, also long-term rent possible
- Pets not allowed
Do you dream of a time-out in Crete? Whether a week, a month or a whole season, the Crete holiday home is the ideal retreat for an experience in one of the most beautiful and diverse regions of Greece. We look forward to welcoming you to the green island.
Set up your Buchungsanfrage für das Kreta Ferienhaus.